A Message from Executive Director Beth Trunfio
Ronald McDonald House Charities of Central New York continues to work closely with local medical partners, the Onondaga County Health Department and Global Ronald McDonald House Charities to navigate the COVID-19 pandemic and shift our program care model. Our top priority remains the health and well-being of our guest families and staff.
We received approval from RMHC Global in August to begin the process of admitting new families into the CNY Ronald McDonald House. We have initiated a multi-phase reopening plan which limits capacity and defines a robust set of procedures designed to protect guest families and staff members to the greatest extent possible. We are currently in phase 2 of our reopening plan.
The following guidelines remain in place:
- Referral guidelines are restricted and guest capacity is limited to only parents/guardians of children that are receiving inpatient treatment
- Only two parents/guardians are permitted to stay at the House; siblings are not permitted at this time
- The CNY Ronald McDonald House is closed to outside visitors and volunteers
- On-site volunteer programs that involve groups or organizations remain suspended until further notice
- Individually packaged dinners are delivered contact-free to guest families at their rooms; local restaurants, organizations and individuals are being asked to serve as meal sponsors
- Social distancing and masking practices are in place; all common areas in the House are closed
If you are looking for a way to support the CNY Ronald McDonald House during this time, you can make a donation online through our secure website.
Thank you for your ongoing support!