A Message from Executive Director Beth Trunfio
Ronald McDonald House Charities of Central New York (RMHC of CNY) continues to implement a robust set of procedures and safety protocols designed to protect guest families and staff members to the greatest extent possible. As we continue to evolve and adjust in response to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the health and well-being of our guest families, staff and the communities in which we serve, remains our top priority.
With global health guidelines and the safety protocols at our partner hospitals continually evolving, we are cognizant of the need to be agile and flexible as we take steps in the best interest of our guest families, volunteers and staff.
In partnership with Global Ronald McDonald House Charities, we initiated a four-phase reopening plan and are cautiously working through it. We began the process of admitting new families at a limited capacity to the CNY Ronald McDonald House in September 2020. Since then, we have provided a temporary home and compassionate care to several guest families. We are currently in phase 3.5 of our reopening plan.
The following guidelines remain in place:
- All guest families must receive a certified referral from a social worker at one of our partner health care facilities
- Referral guidelines are restricted and guest capacity is limited to two parents/guardians of children who are receiving inpatient and/or outpatient treatment
- Siblings are only permitted to stay at the House in limited circumstances
- Guest registration is restricted to Monday-Friday 9am-4:30pm and check-in times must be scheduled in advance
- The CNY Ronald McDonald House is closed to outside visitors
- On-site volunteer programs that involve individuals, groups or organizations remain suspended until further notice
- Individually packaged dinners are provided to guest families; local restaurants, organizations and individuals are being asked to serve as meal sponsors
- Social distancing and masking requirements are in place; most common areas in the House are closed
At this time, on-site volunteer programs remain suspended. We continue to review guidance from Global Ronald McDonald House Charities to plan for the reinstatement of these programs at an appropriate time in the future.
Our goal continues to be making life easier for our guest families. If you are looking for a way to support the CNY Ronald McDonald House, please consider making a donation online through our secure website, donating items from our Amazon Wish List or sponsoring a meal.
Thank you for your ongoing support!