Who We Serve
We serve guest families who travel from across the region to receive all types of care at several area hospitals. The features of our House allow us to meet the diverse needs of many populations of guest families including:
- Parents, immediate family and caregivers of children up to age 19 who are receiving inpatient or outpatient medical treatment at area health care facilities
- Women with high-risk pregnancies who travel to Syracuse for specialized prenatal care
- Children receiving new outpatient treatments that require special hygiene and safety protocols
- Caregivers of pediatric patients with handicap-accessible and medical needs who require an elevator and wheelchair-accessible bathrooms
- A certified referral from one of our partner health care facilities
- Guests must live at least 15 miles from Syracuse
- A nominal cost of $25 a night per family
- One private bedroom per family
- Anyone over the age of 18 must have a valid photo ID
- Prior to arrival, any individual (18 years and older) applying for temporary residence must have an approved criminal background check
- There may be additional circumstances that determine your eligibility, which may be discussed at the time of your referral
Each Ronald McDonald House is governed by a separate board of directors and as such does not necessarily follow the same policies.
We are a continuum of care for the major Central New York care networks including Crouse Hospital, St. Joseph’s Hospital Health Center and Upstate Golisano Children’s Hospital, and their affiliated clinics.
All guest families must receive a certified referral from a hospital social worker or doctor’s staff. Arrangements must be made in advance through the social work department at one of the medical facilities served by the House or by a local physician’s office that is on the approved referral list.
Your medical representative should call our office at (315) 476-1027 between 9 a.m. and 8 p.m. as far in advance of your stay as possible. Check-in time is daily 9 a.m. to 8 p.m., for first-time check-ins, and as late as 8:30 p.m. for return check-ins.
The referral is not a reservation. Because we must manage our occupancy around the uncertainty of illness and medical treatment, we may experience sudden, unpredictable room shortages. For that reason, you are required to call our office at (315) 476-1027, 24 hours in advance of your planned arrival time to check that space is still available. At that time your room will be confirmed.
For $25 a night per family, the CNY Ronald McDonald House provides a comfortable room, support and the convenience of a kitchen, laundry facilities and on-site parking. Families are never turned away due to inability to pay. Financial aid is reviewed by the certified referral source and management on an individual basis.
To make an online guest payment, click here.