Our Relationship With McDonald’s
We are a non-profit 501(c)(3) corporation, but McDonald’s is our largest corporate donor. We receive tremendous support from the local McDonald’s Operators Association of Central New York and Northern Pennsylvania and their restaurant employees. The McDonald’s restaurants in our area conduct in-store fundraising promotions, wish list collections and often plan mini fundraisers, such as car washes. Additionally, the change collected in counter-top and drive-thru donation boxes also help fund our house. We are also fortunate to have active involvement from our McDonald’s owner/operators who volunteer to either serve on our board of directors or volunteer on our various annual fundraising committees.
More information about McDonald’s involvement:
- The 18 owner/operators and 102 restaurants in Central New York and Northern Pennsylvania partner with RMHC of CNY for promotional and fundraising events.
- McDonald’s employees are dedicated volunteers.
- Several owner/operators participate on the RMHC of CNY board every year.
- RMHC Donation Boxes hosted in restaurants are the largest source of ongoing fundraising for RMHC of CNY.
- Participating McDonald’s restaurants in the U.S. donate proceeds from all daily Happy Meal and Mighty Kids Meal sales to RMHC, McDonald’s “Charity of Choice,” benefitting thousands of children and their families every day.
Although McDonald’s is our largest corporate donor, no company can solely fund RMHC of CNY programs and our projected growth. We need the support of the entire community and greatly value any support you can afford to RMHC of CNY, whether it’s through cash or in-kind donations, your time or fundraising efforts.